#selfie


Happy Thursday everyone! and hello November, I can't believe how fast time has been going. I feel as if I've been flying through this semester and everything is happening so rapidly. But throughout all these changes and sudden shifts, God is still good. This year has been a year where I've completely given myself to God and He has shown me a glimpse of what I'm truly capable of. I'm on a constant move back and forth between church, family, school, work, the blog, the radio show, and myself. And sometimes I feel my head going in circles and ready to explode but God never fails to bring me peace in midst of my trials.
From the age of 14 until I was 19, I lived in my own pitiful world. Until one day I met myself face to face with Jesus. A world where I constantly blamed my fathers absence for my immature decisions. "Oh, if only dad would've never left then maybe I would've chosen a better partner" or "If dad was here, I wouldn't have left to college as a form of running away". But no matter what I did, how far I escaped, or how secure I thought I felt, the problem remained. Why? because I was the problem all along, and yes my parents were at fault for some of them but I was old enough to know right from wrong. When Jesus found me broken and cold, I was at the lowest point of my life. But when I just couldn't deal with myself anymore, I denied everything I thought I needed and wanted to "be better" and wholeheartedly followed Jesus. Now, this wasn't an easy process to say the least but two years later I can say, here I am. Stronger, wiser, and completely aware that without my Savior I am nothing. Matthew 16:24 "Then Jesus said to his disciples, Whoever wants to be my disciples must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me".
Whatever it may be that you're going through or is holding you back from being your best isn't worth it. I thought I had it all figured out and I was wrong. But God is so merciful that no matter how cold or prideful I was, His love overflowed. I had to deny myself in order to find myself through Christ, are you willing to let it all go for the God who radically loves you? Cause if you are I promise you won't be alone in this. It's time for you to carry you own cross, as ugly and painful as it may be, Jesus will help you carry it and as the days, months, years pass by you'll look back and say here I am.
Shirt Jcluforever | Blazer Forever 21 | Boyfriend Jeans Aeropostale | Slip-on Sneakers H&M 
deny your #selfie take-up your cross and follow Him






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Fashion From The Dust. Design by Fearne.